New Delhi: A fire broke out in a compartment of the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express on Saturday afternoon due to a short circuit.
The incident happened near the Kansro area.
No casualties or injuries were reported and all passengers were safely evacuated, Uttarakhand DGP Ashok Kumar was quoted as saying by ANI.
“A fire broke out in the C4 compartment of the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express today, due to a short circuit. The incident happened near Kansro. All passengers were safely evacuated and no injuries have been reported so far,” Kumar said.
All passengers of the affected coach have been shifted to other coaches for onward journey.
The fire brigade has been called to bring the douse under control.